Sunday, September 12, 2010

Paying Homage to Dr. Suess

I do not like
green eggs
and ham!

I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.
SO you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say.

Sam!
If you will let me be,
I will try them.
You will see.

Green Eggs and Ham
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cp fresh spinach
2 tb pesto
splash of water
salt and pepper to taste
ham (Canadian bacon, smoked
pork loin, ham steaks, bacon, etc.)

Directions: (serves 1)
1. In a blender, combine eggs, spinach, pesto, water, salt, and pepper (optional).

2. Scramble eggs as you normally would. Fry up the ham. Done!

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat.
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good so good you see!

7 comments:

  1. to cute!! I love the Doctor! what a great way to make them green too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to put this on as a breakfast special --
    "Kelly's Green Eggs & Ham!". You are here even when you're not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!
    I really like your guest post at Chef Dennis' blog. Beets are delish.
    Have a great day. Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love this recipe! You were great on Chef Dennis's blog!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Nice to be acquainted, I am a Chef Dennis follower.
    Great work ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! I love your poetry. You do the good Doctor very well.

    I came over here from the Chef's page. I want to follow you but don't see where I can. You need to add a follow me spot so we can all join up.

    ReplyDelete