Monday, September 6, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Football?

For most of the Free World, a calendar year is broken up into four distinct seasons: winter, spring, summer, and fall. But for a particularly special group of people, it is broken up into only two: football season, and waiting for football season. If you find yourself in the latter group, then you know what time it is.

The thrill of NFL preseason came and went a few weeks ago (ie- about 10 minutes after the first kickoff). This, of course, gave way to the unsurmountable anticipation of a regular season romp. This week, fans can take comfort in knowing that tonight will be the last Monday night of 2k10 without the pigskin, starting off with a season opener straight from the Superdome. And yes, that means Reggie Bush will be making a cameo. Now that's a piece of chocolate I just can't resist. But I digress.

On the NCAA front, collegiate teams just finished up their first week of play. For most, it served as a fun opportunity to play confidence-boosting cupcake teams and a precursor for what's in store this upcoming season. For my alma mater, it was a fairly unconvincing way to prepare for a road trip down to Tuscaloosa next week to play the #1 team in the nation. Hmm...cheers to Joepa and true freshmen anyone?!

Anyway, let's kick-off the season by sharing some of our favorite tailgating foods and recipes. After all, if you find yourself playing me in beer pong this year, you will need something to absorb all of that Natty Light you'll be drinking (red party cups tap into my competitive nature). I won the coin toss, so I'll go first:


I showed you mine, now you show me yours. What are your favorite tailgating foods and recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment