Monday, September 6, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I ate a ton of this every weekend while tailgating in college, which probably (ok, DEFINITELY) contributed to my achievement of a very special collegiate rite of passage, "The Freshman 15". Except, being the over-achiever that I am, I actually gained 30 pounds instead. Why be like everyone else, right?

Of course you can lighten this up by using 1/3 less fat cream cheese, 2% cheddar cheese, and chicken breast...but then what's the point?! It's sinful, it's fattening, and it's worth every calorie. So if you're gonna do it, do it right!


Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:
1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat cut or broken up into bite-sized pieces
2- 8 oz blocks of Philly cream cheese
1.5 cp shredded cheddar cheese
1 cp ranch dressing (can use blue cheese)
3/4 cp Frank's Red Hot
1/3 cp celery, finely sliced

Directions:
1. In a large saucepan, heat up all of the ingredients on medium to medium-high heat, stirring continuously until well-combined and heated through. Transfer to a crockpot on it's lowest setting or a large bowl and garnish with celery leaves. Best served warm, but can be served cold or room-temp as well. Serve alongside crackers and raw veggies.



3 comments:

  1. Mmmhhmmm its everything I can ask for in a dip & more! Buffalo sauce, cheese & chicken! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!! Too bad I'm on a diet & it goes against everything I swore off! Well when I decide to cheat, it will be worth it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to try it ASAP...you'll die. Also- Buffalo Chicken Nachos...YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks unbelievable! Yummmm! I’ll take some of that please.

    ReplyDelete