Monday, September 6, 2010

Marshmallow Pecan Brownies

When it comes to The 7 Deadly Sins, more often than not I'll go with Gluttony as my preferred route to immorality. Moderation is not my strong point, and this recipe brilliantly exploits that. Needless to say, I'm going to devour most of these brownies before sundown. And I will like it.

Besides, whenever I look for guidance in life and meaningful advice, I turn to song lyrics. In this case, I think Billy Joel said it best: "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun." And by fun, he definitely meant eating brownies...I saw it on Wiki.

So now you have an important decision to make. Are you going to go with The Man from Up Above and arguably the Creator of this cool place we call Earth, or a 6-time Grammy Award winner and one of the best-selling solo artists of all time?

While you decide, I'm going to go preheat my oven.

Marshmallow Pecan Brownies

Ingredients:
Brownies
2 cp sugar
1.5 cp flour
1 stick butter
4 oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 cp unsweetened cocoa
4 eggs
2 ts vanilla extract
1 ts salt
10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
1 cp chopped pecans

Frosting
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/3 cp unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cp milk
1 lb powdered sugar
2 ts vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Microwave 1 stick of butter and 4 oz semisweet chocolate until melted and well-combined. Mix in all other "Brownie" ingredients, besides marshmallows and pecans, and pour into a greased baking pan. Bake until toothpick comes out clean. This can be anywhere from 20-40 minutes, depending on size of pan.

2. Remove from oven, dump the bag of marshmallows over the brownies, and bake for another 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven.

3. Using a whisk or electric beaters, whip up all of the frosting ingredients. Pour over brownies and spread in a thin layer. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment